Every shopping trip I buy a bag of junk. Salty, carby, expensive junk.
So, I decided to make my own salty, carby junk.
This recipe is a starting point. Add whatever spices suit your fancy.
Here is how I did it:
Package of bagels
olive oil (I started with 1/2 cup and then added more)
a few teaspoons of Italian seasonings
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Slice bagels--thinner slices will become crispier slices.
- There will be quite a few bagel pieces. That's just the way it has to be.
- Mix the spices and cheese into the olive oil.
- Brush bagel slices and bagel pieces with olive oil mixture.
(I used a lot of oil and kind of regretted it. A thin coating will do.)
- Bake on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Add more salt if you like.