My version replaces store-bought hot fudge with decadent homemade. Yum.
ICE CREAM CAKE
30 Oreo-type cookies
1/4 cup butter
1/2 gallon ice cream, softened a bit
1 jar of hot fudge topping or homemade fudge sauce (see recipe below)
8 oz. tub of whipped cream
- Crush the cookies. They don't have to be a powder--just a rough crushing.
- Melt the 1/4 cup butter.
- Combine the crushed cookies with the melted butter.
- Press the cookie combination into a 9 x 13 freezer-safe pan.
(reserve 1/2 cup)
- Spread the ice cream on top of the cookie crumb mixture.
- Put the fudge sauce on top of the ice cream as evenly as possible.
(might be more like dollops)
- Spread the whipped cream on top of that layer.
- Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 cup of cookie mixture on top for decoration.
- Freeze a few hours until firm.
- Take out of the freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
Homemade fudge sauce:
4 Tablespoons cocoa
6 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup of nuts, chopped (optional)
Bring cocoa, milk and butter to a boil.
Remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar.
Have a bite!
This post was shared on these neighborly websites:Robyn's View