Yay, five minutes! I timed it.
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 cups oats
1 cup crispy rice cereal
Sprinkling of chocolate chips
And if you want, add in other stuff such as:
broken pretzels, sunflower seeds, raisins or any other nuts, seeds and/or dried fruits
- Boil the first three ingredients over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add other ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Press mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and gently press them down.
- Cool and slice into bars.
At our house, this has become as routine as honey popcorn.
Quick and easy, that's for me!