Baking bread is one of the most basic, frugal things one can do.
This recipe worked well for me, and my family loved it.
Hope you enjoy it, too!
Homemade Honey Sandwich Bread
3 cups warm water
1 Tablespoon yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon honey
2/3 cup olive oil
7 cups flour
- Combine all the ingredients except the flour.
- Set in a warm place for about 5 minutes, until a bit foamy.
- Add the flour a bit at a time, mixing as you go.
- Knead a bit and if the dough is too sticky, add more flour.
- Knead for about 4 minutes.
- Place the ball of dough inside an oiled bowl.
- Cover with oiled cloth plastic wrap.
- Let rise for about an hour in a warm place.
- Punch the dough down and form into two greased and floured loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise again for another hour.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.