Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pulled pork sandwiches


The other day I made some pulled pork out of a pork butt roast. It was about 6 pounds and included the bone.

Have you ever heard of the mysterious pork butt gland? Sounds gross, doesn't it?

I had already purchased the meat and was searching how to cook it in the slow cooker when I ran across this pork butt gland article.

Well, I assume I removed the gland. I cut out every thing that was not meat and then some.



I sprinkled the meat with some garlic powder and onion powder. 

Then I poured about 2 cups of water in the slow cooker and set it on low.

After about 8 hours, the meat was done.

I heard a good way to shred meat is to use the kitchen mixer.

Oh my! It worked like a charm!



I mixed in a bottle of BBQ sauce. 

Then I returned the whole thing to the slow cooker and set it on warm.

I tried and tried to keep the boys out of it 'til supper. :) 

Served it on homemade buns. You can find the recipe for homemade buns here.

It was very tasty!!

Next time I will use a different cut of pork, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment