Thursday, July 18, 2013

Good for what ails you

It all started Sunday with a tickle in my throat. 

You know the rest: congestion, no energy and not much sleep.

Just when things were looking up, a cough arrived at the party.

Fortunately, this stupid hack gives me an excuse to take my medicine! 

OK, it's really a hot toddy. But I like to put a medicinal spin on it.

Here's the recipe:

Hot Toddy Cough Medicine

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 tea bag
1 Tablespoon lemon juice (from the big green bottle)
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon whisky

Directions:
Put the whisky in the bottom of an empty mug.
Pour in the boiling water.
Add tea bag and steep to desired strength.
Remove tea bag.
Add lemon juice and honey. Stir.
Sip.

Is something going around or is it just me? *cough*

I mean, it's summer for Pete's sake!

Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. hope you feel better! do I have to wait for a cough to come to try this? it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Trish. Sometimes it makes you feel better when you were feeling fine in the first place. :)

      Delete
  2. Good recipe (except for the whiskey because I am not allowed to drink alcohol)... tea and honey is a great combination. Hope you'll get that cough away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Novroz! There does seem to be some special about tea and honey together. And the hot steam. Ahhhh. Have a great day!

      Delete