Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Italian salad dressing

Homemade Italian salad dressing is one of those empowering recipes. Make it yourself and save all the money!

It's one the first things I learned how to make as a new bride, which means it's super simple. I've had the decanter in the photo for a long, long time. 

It has dummy-proof markings on it:
"V" for vinegar. "W" for water. And "O" for oil.

Next you are supposed to dump in a little packet of spices. An OVERPRICED little packet of spices. 

I still follow the handy markings on the container, but now I use my own spices. 

Here's the recipe:

Italian Salad Dressing

Ingredients:
1/4 cup vinegar
1/8 cup water
1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup vegetable oil
1/4 Tablespoon garlic powder
1/4 Tablespoon onion powder
1/2 Tablespoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/2 Tablespoon parsley
1/2 Tablespoon sugar (to taste)
Salt and pepper (to taste)

Directions:
Put ingredients in a container with an air-tight lid and shake vigorously.

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Great to make your own stuff, my Mum likes to also when she remembers, she says it always tastes better when it's homemade, not sure if dad agrees! :)

    Enjoy

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think homemade is almost always better, but there are a few "bought" things I can't figure out. Maybe one day. :)

      Delete