Thursday, August 8, 2013

D is for daycare

I'm going to post my menus, activities and paperwork from when I had a daycare.

Who knows--might be of use to somebody.

I'll post the exact menus I used. I won't jazz them up for this blog or anything. It's all real life here.

Theme: the letter "A." (I'll post activities separately.)


Monday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with baked apple pieces
Snack: zucchini bread or bananas
Lunch: turkey, sweet potatoes, Mandarin oranges and bread
Snack: yogurt
Supper: Hot dogs or brats, baked beans, chips and marshmallows. (cookout)

Tuesday:
Breakfast: bagels and banana
Snack: graham crackers and pears
Lunch: ravioli, green beans and peaches
Snack: vanilla pudding
Supper: Tater tot casserole or Boca burgers

Wednesday:
Breakfast: English muffin and peaches
Snack: Cheerios and peas
Lunch: ham, cheese, mashed potatoes, applesauce, bagel
Snack: cheese crackers
Supper: frozen pizza and a salad

Thursday:
Thanksgiving Holiday

Friday:
Breakfast: Cheerios and Mandarin oranges
Snack: peas and cheese
Lunch: ham, cooked carrots, applesauce and bread
Snack: animal crackers
Supper: Thanksgiving leftovers

Notes (please read):

The kids in my care ranged from 1 1/2 to 3 years old. No matter what is being served, please make sure to cut foods into small pieces so little ones don't choke! I always erred on the side of too small. I worry. Can't help it. 

The meats I used are lunch meat unless otherwise noted.

Also, run every food by the parents before getting into a menu routine. Of course you need to know about allergies, but if the baby hasn't had blueberries yet, for example, you don't want to serve them. 

Also, you probably want the kids to try new foods at home (in case of issues). Same goes with medications. Don't give the first dose. Let baby's mom do that. :)

Missouri didn't require me to be licensed, so my meal plans don't follow any specific nutritional guidelines. Of course, I tried to keep things healthy, though!

My meals plans also include suppers for my family which *may* include some convenience foods. 

Hey. Cut me some slack, Jack. It's not easy to run a daycare, have a family AND cook everything from scratch!

OK...one more note I'm adding since this posted: I think I will back-date the upcoming daycare posts and put them all under the "daycare" tab above. This is so that the daycare topic doesn't take forever to accumulate and so that the topic of daycare won't hog my content stream. My readers can just go to the tab if they're interested.

Yes, that's what I'll do. Thanks for being patient while I sorted it all out.

Hope you find this useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment