I hope my cooking slump goes away before Thursday.
Trying to be frugal, I decided to make the kids marshmallow krispy treats for their lunchboxes. Only I didn't have enough marshmallows. And it was really early in the morning.
I took the eight or so marshmallows (probably leftover from a campfire night) out of the fridge. Their rock-solidness should have been my first sign.
I added some butter. I don't know how much. It was early.
Then I microwaved it. I do remember how long I microwaved it, actually.
It was gunky, sticky and brown. It kind of smelled good for a while, like s'mores.
Then it didn't smell so good.
Poor kids. I ended up sending chocolate chips for their lunchbox "desserts."
Thanksgiving? We'll see what happens.