Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rejected homemade ornaments


It was a day of Christmas music and craft scraps. I was in over my head.

First, I decoupaged some garden-themed fabric onto a paper plate.


They turned out kinda cute, I guess. I don't know.


While digging for fabric, I found a bag of pistachio shells I saved a few months ago.

Pistachio shells! Now those have crafting potential!


Paints stood at attention and at-the-ready.


Wouldn't it be cute if the pistachios put you in the mind of old-fashioned Christmas lights?

I found a black twist-tie on the kitchen windowsill, so I used snips of it for the tops.


Since there were so many pistachio shells already painted , I glued a bunch of them together and stuck a cranberry in the middle. 

Regarding glue: spare no expense.


I pity the person who gets my white elephant gift this year.

How are your crafting projects going?

No comments:

Post a Comment