This activity has it all:
feeding hungry love birds
busying bored kids
decorating for Valentine's Day
Here's all you do:
- Line a jellyroll pan with foil.
- Melt a suet cake (about 12 oz.) in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add some birdseed and mix.
- When all is melted and mixed, quickly pour mixture into the foil-lined jellyroll pan.
- Chill pan of melted suet in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the suet into fun shapes using cookie cutters.
(Some shapes will break. It happens.)
- Poke a hole through each shape--for hanging with strings later.
(Be sure to poke all the way through.)
- Freeze the shapes that look best.
- Save the scraps. The birds will eat them even if they aren't pretty.
- Remove the frozen shapes from the freezer.
- Thread a string through each hole and tie.
- Hang these festive creations in a tree.
Warm your heart while watching the birds enjoy their special Valentine dinner!
This post was shared on these neighborly websites:Robyn's View (Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party)
Creating My Way to Success
Mad in Crafts
Natural Living Mamma
The Prairie Homestead
Flour Me with Love
Adventures of a DIY Mom
Learning the Frugal Life
Handy Man Crafty Woman