Thought I'd share my favorite taco dip recipe.
2 cans of refried beans
1 pound of shredded cheddar or taco-flavored cheese
Chopped black olives
Guacamole (if I had my way...but my family violently protests)
- Spread the refried beans in a 9 x 13 microwaveable dish.
- Microwave according to bean directions.
- On top of the beans, spread some sour cream.
- Then spread some salsa.
- On top of the salsa, sprinkle most of the shredded cheese (save a little).
- Top the dish with chopped lettuce.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Decorate with dainty dollops of sour cream, salsa and...
GUACAMOLE (living vicariously through you if you don't mind)
- Add black olives and onions.
- Place a bowl of tortilla chips nearby to accompany your masterpiece.